In preparation for a meeting of the Professional Standards and Ethics Committee of AASLH, I am gathering case studies of historic sites that have deaccessioned or removed historic buildings, or cases in which an historic site museum has closed and transferred the property to another organization.

These case studies will help us develop policies on best practices and professional standards, so please give me examples, stories, lessons learned, or references so we can help the field.  You’re welcome to contact me off-site as well.  Thanks!

Max A. van Balgooy, Director of Interpretation and Education | Stewardship of Historic Sites | National Trust for Historic Preservation | 1785 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC  20036 | Phone (202) 588-6242 | Fax (202) 588-6232 | [log in to unmask]