List Serve Friends,

I was told recently that the proximity of a bird in a cage (with bird food in it) has everything to do with the presence of silverfish in a three story building.  While I agree that the presence of grains (and the summer heat and humidity we are presently experiencing in New England) brings on the silverfish, I feel that the bird's location being on the first floor and the silverfish being on the third floor rules out the bird as the source of the infestation.
Does anyone disagree with this?
I would be very interested to hear your thoughts.

Thank you!