Hi,
You might try www.renwaltoys.com and see if there is any helpful information there. I received some help there a couple of years ago when I was cataloguing ours.

Lisa

--
Lisa Shockley
Collections Technician, Union Station, Kansas City
KC Museum/Science City

Anne Lane wrote:
Hello - I'm back on the list after a long hiatus, and already have a question. We are unwrapping a collection of Renwal plastic dollhouse furniture, and one piece, the piano, has what appears and smells to be a bad mold infestation. Any recommendations about how to clean it off without trashing the plastic? I'd also appreciate any information about where to find dates for these items, too -  the piano is number L74. Another item, also Renwal plastic, has a strong vinegar odor. Does anyone know the composition of Renwal's plastic? I know, too many questions. Sorry.

Many thanks, it's good to be back.
Anne

Anne T. Lane, Collections Manager
Charlotte Museum of History & Hezekiah Alexander Homesite
3500 Shamrock Drive
Charlotte NC 28215-3214
704-568-1774, ext 110
Fax: (704) 566-1817
www.charlottemuseum.org

Featured Summer Events and Exhibits:D-Day Weekend, June 5, 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and June 6, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.D-Day Swing Dance, June 5, 7:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.Summer Craft Series: Spinning, June 26, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.Summer Craft Series: Beginning Basket Weaving, July 17, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.Hands-on-History: Cooling Colonial Desserts, July 17, 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.Kids Fun Night @ the Museum, August 3, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.Summer Craft Series: Intermediate Basket Weaving, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.Charlotte Originals, August 28, 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.Soldiers' Stories: War in the First Person, on exhibit until September 2004 Main Streets of Our State, on exhibit beginning June 26, 2004 Soaring Symbols: Eagles in World Cultures, on exhibit until June 2004

The Charlotte Museum of History is proud to be part of the Smithsonian Institution Affiliations Program.

For information on these, and all other events and exhibits, please call (704) 568-1774 or visit us on the web at www.charlottemuseum.org