Dear Dan,
I cannot speak directly for Old Sturbridge Village, but I have read of their
alternatives to concrete in Historic House Museums edited by Jessica Foy
Donnelly.  The article "Balancing Our Commitments: Access and Historic
Preservation," by Valarie Coons McAllister addresses Historic Preservation
provisions of the ADA Act, 1990.  I would be glad to give a synopsis if you
do not have access to the book!
Sincerely,
Julie

>From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Accessibility and Outdoor Museums
>Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:43:37 -0400
>
>I've been asked to do a little research on what other outdoor museums
have
>used to make their roads and walkways more friendly for visitors who
have
>difficulty walking or use wheelchairs or scooters.  What materials have
>been used, how have they held up, and do they still have a period feel
>consistant with their surroundings?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Dan Bartlett
>Exhibits Manager