I have also used India Ink.  It had been recommended to me by a conservator several years ago as something fine to use.  The conservator for a project on which I worked a little over a year ago was nervous about it, just a gut feeling I think, about India ink.  Is there anyone out there who has a problem with India ink?  I just ordered a new copy of BEYOND NAILPOLISH and was going to look it up there.  But since it's now a topic of conversation.......

Jerrie

Jerrie Clarke
Office of Museum Services
Salt Lake City, Utah

John Peterson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I had the same trouble until I started using India Ink. I believe some
of the other inks are acrylic and won't adhere. When I use India ink, I
let it dry for a couple of minutes before putting on a topcoat of B-72
and have had few smearing problems.

John Peterson
Historic Sites
Jackson County Parks & Recreation