The credit card discussion reminded me of a curiosity that occurs at our site and I was wondering if others have it too.  We have potential visitors come in to our museum and when they see they have to pay $3.00 for a guided tour they decide against it. We offer free admission for children 18 and younger, a $1.00 discount for AAA members or a $1.00 discount for Maryland Visitor's Pass holders (available free from the MD office of tourism). I find it interesting that some people would think nothing of paying $3.00 at Starbucks for coffee or at McDonald's for a Big Mac or three times that amount for a ticket to the movies but balk at the idea of paying for a tour of a museum.  Has anyone else found the public unwilling to pay for admission to your museum? I know we are on the low end for admission fees, particularly for a private, non-profit, AAM-accredited museum.

Heidi Campbell-Shoaf
Curator
Historical Society of Frederick County
24 E. Church St.