Peter, Erica and Everyone,
I would like to add my signature. Until a better solution is found, however, borrow a traditional technique from the studio and kitchen arts. In between marking sessions, briefly dip the capped bottle in melted paraffin--so as to coat the interstice of cap and container. This will inhibit evaporation and prolong the product's useful life. The method also seals tubes.

Rebecca Trussell

----- Original Message -----
From: Lundskow, Peter
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: 6/23/2004 9:04:03 AM
Subject: Re: acryloid B-72, white

We have had the same problems and started using thin mylar under the lid to deal with the problem.
I also have another suggestion.  Since so many of us are having the same problem it might be a good idea for us to put together a letter with as many signatures as possible and send it to University Products requesting they put the B-72 in a more user friendly bottle.  That big lidded jar just has to much surface area for evaporation and some of the contents are wasted.  One suggestion might be they order empty nail polish bottles from some distributor, not only would you have an easy open bottle but you would have a built in brush. I believe that for what we pay for this product it should be easy to use without us having to either go to lenghts to unstick the lid or retrofit it.
I would be glad to write such a letter submit it to the list and people who would like to sign it can contact me.  A good consumer is a proactive one!
Sincerely,
Peter Lundskow
Chief Conservator
Indiana State Museum