Hello,

I am looking for any information on the following types of treatments to metal objects:

"air-brasive lacquered"
"electrolysis waxed"
"sequestered waxed"
"caustic soda waxed"
"kwik waxed"

We are conducting a survey of an archaeological collection from an 1870's blacksmith shop;
some of the metal has been treated but no records of the treatment (what was actually done and
when) could be located, though a few of the objects have tags attached with the above names written in.

If any conservators or metal types on the list know about these treatments or
could steer me in the right direction for references, any help would be appreciated.
You can reply off list if you like ([log in to unmask]).

Thanks!
--Sarah