[log in to unmask] writes:

> You are *NOT* the only museum in the world that does not allow photography
> (flash or otherwise) in our galleries We certainly don't allow it and I've
> been almost nowhere where it WAS permitted.  Of course, we have been told
> more than once that we are the only museum in the wold that dares to be
> closed on Monday, so what do I know?  We are clearly behind the times.

Jill,

From the (only?) other museum that is closed on Mondays, I'd have to say that
I'd like to ban all photography, but we're not an art museum, so copyright
isn't an issue, and our huge windows have not yet been covered with UV filtering
screens, so saying "no" for curatorial reasons is out, too.

Fortunately, this will be re-evaluated when our windows have UV filters,
which shouldn't be much longer, so after that, anyone wanting photos will have to
come to me!  (It's a one person shop).

Holly
Central Virginia