Hi!

What about those push-on, push-off round lights you can get from various
home improvement stores?   They use batteries, but they're large and not
easily missed.   Of course, someone would have to actually push them on
and change the batteries annually (much like one has to do with certain
smoke detectors), but it might be a nice feature to have in case the
lights go out when someone is in the stacks.   It can get really, really
dark in there....been there, done that!   They're not magnetic.  The
ones I bought for my closet can be attached by strong double-backed tape
or screwed onto a surface.

Shirley Albright
New Jersey State Museum