A little background on the storage area-it is in a sub-basement
(possibility of floods) of a relatively old building (~100 y.o.
townhouse).  I don't want carpeting because of the possibility of it
getting wet and because of the dirt/dust.  We are hoping to replace the
entire sub-basement floor with the same material (the rest of the
sub-basement level is offices and work area), but we may be able to get
a different type of floor for just the collections storage area.  We
currently have vinyl tiles (glued to the cement floor, very old).  FYI,
the area houses the majority of our collection (military memorabilia,
weapons, textiles, you name it).

Pamela Elbe

Collections Manager

National Museum of American Jewish Military History

1811 R St. NW, Washington DC 20009

p: 202.265.6280 x104

f: 202.462.3192

http://www.nmajmh.org <http://www.nmajmh.org/>

Don't miss our new exhibition, Reconnaissance and Recollection: Military
and Civilian Photographs from World War II-the photographs of Sy
Weinstein, opening May 30, 2004.