We document both the process used to put the exhibit together and the
exhibit.  These go into our permanently retain park archives.  Catalog records are
also marked that the object is or was on exhibit.  We are doing this now, more
so than we did it in the past, or at least it is more supported by management
that we are doing it.

Chris Ford
Museum Curator of a historic site