Just another idea... display these jars in front of large graphic panels of the sites. It could be very compelling to juxtapose photographs taken at that time (bw), and a current image of the site (color), perhaps coupled with some audio/narrative that pertains to the battle or incident. If material pertaining to important person within a cemetery is available, it could give the jars an added "humanity." Dramatic lighting could also lend a sense of added power and importance.

Lori Hamilton