Greetings George!

The McNaught Syndicate (MS) folded around 1988.  MS managed columns by Will Rogers, Dear Abby, Louis Rukeyser (economist), Carroll Righter (astrologist) amongst countless others . . . and comic strips including Yogi Bear, The Flintstones, Joe Palooka, Mickey Finn, Heathcliff the Cat, and more!  The man who served as President and CEO was Mr. Charles V. McAdam, Jr. who died, during the late 1980s, after a bout with urinary cancer.

You might try contacting:

(1) WittyWorld.com (http://www.wittyworld.com/) which is an "International Cartoon Center."  The staff (http://www.wittyworld.com/staff.html) is the most knowledgeable about cartoon matters . . . and they might be able to help find current contact information for someone formerly involved with the McNaught Syndicate.

(2) The United Feature Syndicate and Newspaper Enterprise Association (http://www.unitedfeatures.com/ufsapp/home.do).  United Media develops and markets 150 comic strips and editorial features worldwide,
including Peanuts, Dilbert, For Better or For Worse, Get Fuzzy, Miss Manners and Nat Hentoff, through United Feature Syndicate and Newspaper Enterprise Association.

(3) The Baylor University Library (http://www3.baylor.edu/Library/), which has an extensive library of political cartoons -- including many from the McNaught Syndicate.  [Naturally, there are countless other college/university libraries with 'special collections' that include items from the McNaught Syndicate.]

Best wishes, sincerely,

Jay Heuman, Curator of Education
Nora Eccles Harrison Museum of Art
Utah State University
4020 Old Main Hill
Logan, UT     84322-4020
T 435.797.0165
F 435.797.3423

Education costs money, but then so does ignorance.
Sir Charles Moser, b. 1922