A friend has acquired a painting signed "Burkland".

It appears to be an oil painting of a fall/winter scene in a park
(perhaps Central Park).

We are assuming that the painter may be August P. Burkland, born Sweden
October 18, 1879, and died Pasadena April 1927. He is most famous for
scenes of the American Southwest; however, we understand from the
limited information we have found that he was living and working in New
York city at some point in his life.

We are looking for more information about him and have exhausted the
resources of the local San Jose State University/ML King Jr. library art
reference books.

Please let us know where to find additional information.

Thanx!

Danita Fleck
Graduate Student - Art History
San Jose State University
630 North San Pedro Street 2A
San Jose, CA 95110
408-287-6560 home voice mail
408-348-8446 mobile
408-544-8136 work voice mail
408-544-6412 work fax
Home e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Work e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.danitafleck.com

"Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere." -- G.K.
Chesterton