I am interested in the experience of female executive directors who have had
children while serving as directors.

We have two children but both were born when I worked in a different field
and was the chief operating officer.  This allowed me to take extended maternity
leaves, returning part-time and doing a significant amount of work from home
from the time the baby was born to returning to work.

Now we have discovered, somewhat to our surprise, that we will be having
another baby in early December.  There is only one other person on our staff who
has had a baby while working at our Museum and it was before I was hired.  She
took only 6 weeks.

I am looking to learn from the experience of others in preparation for making
a proposal to my board.  Any advice, successes, challenges, etc. are welcome.

Thanks.

Cindy Ryman Yost
Executive Director
Lincoln Children's Museum