Working in small museums, in fact visiting other size museums, there is often a neglect for people with disabilities and seniors who are unable to enter museums, see exhibits, living history sites, handle stairs, etc.   If your museum is not accessible to such people, it should be part of your long-term strategies to make your museum or site more friendly to all patrons . . . or should it?

I have often heard that museums do not want to put a ramp up to a historic building, since it would destroy the historic, photographic image and/or ambiance of the
structure or site.  What is your opinion?

I thought the following site would be of value:

http://nadcucla.edu/DesigningAccessiblePrograms.htm

John