Dear folks:

There have always been differences of opinion in America, it's just that lately, many opinions are more closely balanced than previously.

Used to be, you could pretty much guess what the opinion was going to be on a topic, depending upon the demographic, and a few other factors.  These days, you only have a 50:50 chance of a stranger agreeing with your point of view.  (I'd attribute the commentator who made this observation originally, if I recalled who had said it.)

And folks are surprised by that -- another Boomer legacy.  And looks like we have another example of that balance (if you want to call it that) in this list.  Interesting.

Liz Bleiberg