I am posting this for a colleague of mine, so please reply to him directly or post to the list.  Thanks.

Does anyone out there know of any visitor studies of 1) live interpretation that examines visitor responses to the interpretation, or 2) live interpretation that compares visitor responses to the same exhibition with, and without, live interpretation?   By live interpretation, I mean an interpretation in which a person facilitates, as in a tour, demonstration, activity cart, or 1st or 3rd person interpretation.   I am always interested in museum theatre, so although not my primary focus at this time, I would welcome information there as well.

I would appreciate any citations, or if available, electronic copies or web links to the studies.

You can send any responses directly to me or to the list.

Thanks much for your help.

Dale Jones

Institute for Learning Innovation

Annapolis Maryland