Dear list:

My museum is in the initial stages of formalizing an internship program. I would love to hear from those of you who have established and thriving programs. I have some specific questions below, but any advice or ideas is appreciated.

Do you have interships which are created only for special projects, or a general program with slots every summer/semester?

How have you coordinated with colleges to give academic credit?

How have you located money for paid interships? Have you ever paid interns through the general budget?

Do any of you have strictly research internships? Do you ever accept anyone whose research will not be immediately useful to your institution.

What success have you had with rotating internships? What advantages are there to a rotating internship over a more specialized one.

Thanks,

Sheryl Woodruff

The Museum of Television & Radio

Learn how to help protect your privacy and prevent fraud online at Tech Hacks & Scams. ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: