Dear friends:

Several potential donors became disenchanted with the donor/museum (and other
nonprofit) system several years ago in Seattle.  Are you familiar with the
Venture Capital Philanthropy model?  If not, please set your search engine to
"Social Venture Partners" and check it out.

Believe it or not, there are folks out there who would like to make
contributions and assist in projects, and they have been "scared" away by overly
protective, "just give me all your money and don't ask questions" (their words)
nonprofits.  Maybe, just maybe, if we met together and tried to educate each
other, we could make progress.  What I hear from both sides currently seems to
point to this model as worthwhile.

Best,

Liz Bleiberg
Dallas, TX