You might want to look into the Kodak 14n SLR.  Its a 14 megapixel camera used by studio professionals.  Kodak currently have a $1000 rebate knocking off a quarter to a third of the price depending where and what configuration you buy.  The camera uses a full size CMOS sensor which will give you 1:1 ratio on all Nikon lenses (new and old).  More information can be found at their website.

Kodak
Rebate: http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/member/ProPass/offers/offersIndex.jhtml
Camera info: http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/products/cameras/dcsPro14n/dcsPro14nIndex.jhtml?id=0.1.18.18.9.14&lc=en

A lot of companies should be unveiling new cameras at the Photo Expo coming up this month.  The following is a link to a great digital camera review site.  The link goes to the Photo Expo review on that site:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/pma2004/

Michael Rippy
Assistant Photographer
Indianapolis Museum of Art
4000 Michigan Road
Indianapolis, IN  46208-3326
(317)923-1331 ext.191

www.ima-art.org

Hello everyone,

Our museum is considering the purchase of a digital SLR camera for use in a variety of image-taking for our collections management.  We have been using an older, lesser quality digital camera, which is nearing the end of its life.  We will be using the SLR for all manner of artifact documentation, condition reporting, treatment pictures, as well as occasional images for publication.  We also require high quality shots of interiors, i.e. large, fully furnished historic rooms.  we are looking at the SLR for its flexibility, including the different lenses available (wide angle, macro).  We will be capturing directly to a laptop.  We have, or will have the needed lighting and flash equipment.  Has anyone else tried these digital SLR cameras for this purpose?  We are looking at the Nikon D100, among others.  Many thanks,

Michael Oates
Ottawa, Canada