A couple of quick answers to your questions

Power Point (pack & go as I recall) has a feature that will allow the slide show (Power Point) to be placed on a CD and shown through, or on any PC that has a CD drive. Presented Power Point several times w/o problems, it is actually a scaled down version of the Power Point program. The program was down loadable from the web.

Burn your CDs and the portable program with Power Point, send to schools they should be able to run it without special soft ware. The bug in the hole works is it has to be a PC of the same version Power Point or later as I recall again. (It has been sometime since I have done this. Someone with a strong Windows back round should be able to guide you.

A Projector in conjunction with a laptop works great for a large audience, but a TV can be used in a classroom setting

Write me off line if I can be of assistance.

John Stine - Retired Sergeant - YCPD
Chairman / Founder - Police Heritage Museum
York, PA