From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Stacey Swigart
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 1:58 PM
Subject: 1876 Centennial and Printing Exhibits

Hello Museum-L"sters":

We are in the midst of planning exhibits for our new facility to open in 2006.  One of our themes is going to be the 1876 Centennial Exhibition... I actually have a couple of questions:

I am looking for children's toys associated with the Centennial, i.e the "Centennial" marble shooter, picture blocks, etc.  Before I start hitting on the private collectors, I wanted to see if anyone in the public domain might have any materials or extensive CE collections at their site. (Have already been in touch with the Smithsonian and the Henry Ford--curious about others--and items don't all have to be toys, either!!]

Finally, one of our thoughts has been to do something with printing.  Are there any institutions that you are aware of that are doing printing on-site that would allow people to take something away with them?  What kind of info is being printed and how is it being done?  This can include the use of modern technology to replicate printed materials as well.

Any thoughts, comments or info would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
stacey

Stacey A. Swigart
Curator of Collections