From: Amy Scrivner [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:
Wednesday, November 19, 2003 7:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re:
Marketing Museum Education Programs

Before investing in larger regional/national marketing strategies, have you made the most of the local market?  If increasing school attendance is your focus, we have found that working directly with local school districts and providing info to them to post on their internal websites/info pages works very well.  We also do direct mailings (carefully chosen as they are more expensive) to schools via the school secretary asking that the info be disributed in teachers' mailboxes.  It's also good to keep track of when teacher professional training/service events are in the region and and have info available at those venues.  I think sometimes we look to larger outside markets to increase support and attendance before we fully explore and tap all the local/regional resources and avenues.  Perhpas it doesn't apply to your situation, but it's what immediately came to mind when I read your post.

Good luck!

Amy Scrivner

Cincinnati Museum Center