Dear Museum listers,
Our museum is going to start a bi-annual carpet cleaning schedule and I have a few questions about what we can and cannot use on our carpets.  About 98% of our artifacts are under plexiglass cases and the other 2% are off the carpeted floor.

What methods of cleaning are the best?  Chem-dry, "natural" - self carbonating, or steam?  Is any one method that is the least harmful or are they all okay to use?  Is chem-dry the same as the natural self-carbonating?  We would be contracting this out to a local vendor, not doing this ourselves.  We have 20,000 square feet to clean!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Sincerely,
Keely Rennie-Tucker

Do you Yahoo!?