Hi -
When first starting out I worked as an intern at the US Holocaust Memorial Museum in DC, in their oral history department.  I no longer have a contact there - but I would definitely suggest you call them. They have a system and a selection process, etc. that could be very helpful.
-Laura

Lynne Ranieri <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello,
Please let me start with apologies to those of you who receive this
twice, as I am cross-posting this query.

One of the many items on the "to-do" list for our small historical
society is to resume the oral history program. Before we do I would like to
ask how -- or even if -- the other list members do theirs:

-- Do you have a training program for interviewers?
-- Do you tape them with a cassette tape? A videotape? Sometihng else?
-- If you tape them, do you also transcribe them? If so, who does that
for you and how?
-- Do you have a release for for the interviewee to sign, acknowledging
that you may do with the contents as you wish?
-- Do you make them available to the public?
-- Do you do anything else with them?

Lynne Ranieri
Millburn-Short Hills Historical Society

Do you Yahoo!?