I seem to remember a session on this topic from AAM...I think it may have been here in Philadelphia back in 1995.  There was a resource book you could buy for $10 or $20 on some of the sessions and there was a big list of movies and book titles with references to museums in it.  I think I have the book somewhere in my clutter of books at home and I'll check it out, but maybe someone else might remember it too?!?!?

As for for my favorite museum-referenced movies--how can you forget the great epic made-for-TV movie "Nick Knight" starring Rick Springfield as a vampire cop!  The museum curator of antiquities recognizes his picture from an archeological dig in the 30s and wonders how he could be investigating a murder in a museum in 1990(?)!!  OK, I was the only one who saw it!

Others--"North" with then kid actor Elijah Woods, Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, Jason Alexander, Reba McEntire and Bruce Willis among many others.  "North's" parents (Julia and Jason) end up as an exhibit in a museum when they go catatonic when their perfect son decides to get new ones.

"Royal Tenenbaums"--absolutely fabulous movie with Anjelica Huston as an archeologist. It references the "Mixed-Up Files of Mrs..." when two of her children run away and spend the night in the library.

Fun topic!!
stacey

Stacey A. Swigart
Curator of Collections