And don't forget "The Witch of Blackbird Pond" by Elizabeth George Speare-
the Amazon review reads in part "A thoroughly exciting and rewarding Newbery
Medal winner and ALA Notable Children's Book, Elizabeth George Speare's The
Witch of Blackbird Pond brings this frightening period of witch hysteria to
life."  - I first read this book in junior high and am on my third copy
because it gets re-read and lent out so often- a small book and a quick
read, but would go well as a compare/contrast to another book dealing with
the witch hunt phenom

My mother read this to me when I was small and growing up in Wethersfield,
CT, where the book takes place. Then we spent a day exploring the various
sites in the book- such as the church, the Cove, etc. Was an amazing link
between book, history and my life. So maybe a great idea would be to pick a
historical book from your town and then instead of sitting and discussing
the book, do a tour of the book's scenes.

We also did a tour of the Met with the Mixed up Files, but then my mom took
us to the Hillstead Museum in Farmington, CT- she said that is what Mrs
Frankweiler's house was based on. No clue if that was real, but I thought it
was at the time.

Subscriber Information:

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
(without the quotes).