From: ALICE TURLEY [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 3:40 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: novels and films set in museums

I think there is a pretty comprehensive archive topic on this--I'm remembering this thread from a few years ago...two of my favorites are "The Thomas Crown Affair" (new version with Pierce Brosnan eating his sandwich in one of the galleries) and "The Relic".

Good luck,

Ali

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/08/03 01:12PM >>>
I'm teaching an "Introduction to Museum Studies" course next year.  I plan to
examine popular images of museums by having students read novels and/or watch
films that are about, or set in, museums.  Any suggested titles?

Thanks!

----
Aldona Sendzikas, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
History Department
The University of Western Ontario
SSC Room 4418, London, Ontario  N6A 5C2
(519) 661-2111, x84377
Fax:  (519) 661-3010
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: