So what's wrong with Collections Management?  Your department is managing all aspects of the Collection, be they physical or intellectual.  If anything you should consider adding/specifying Packing & Shipping and Rights & Reproduction services to the department.

Margaret

>From: "Aieta, Janelle" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: new name for department
>Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:32:38 -0700
>

>We are undergoing some reorganization here and are looking for a title that
>aptly describes a museum division comprised of the following departments:
>Registration, Art Preparation and Installation, Photography Services (ie,
>inhouse studio photography), Collection Management, and automated collection
>systems (ie, collections database mngr, etc, but not including IT dept).
>Currently the division is called "Collections Management" as a whole --
>which in my opinion only expresses a fraction of its duties.
>

>I am interested in any other titles in use at other museums to cover an
>arrangement of similar museum departments.
>

>"Collection Services" is good, but sounds like a collection agency. Any
>other ideas??

>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes).
>
>If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).

High-speed Internet access as low as $29.95/month*. Click here.
*Depending on the local service providers in your area. ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: