First of all to call an interpreter an impersonator is insulting. First person character, reinactor, or interpreter our all better terms. Impersonator implies a fake and good reenactors take their roles and their accuracy very seriously. If the reinactor has not done his or her research they should not have contact with the public until they do. Bad interpretation is worse than no interpretation. That being said we use paid staff interpreters, Volunteers, and paid reenactors. On a regular basis we use three staff interpreters, Two of which reenact metis and one who reenacts a French Courier DeBois. We also have a full Brigade made up of volunteer reenactors as young as 9 all the way up to Sr Citizens. For specialty topics like Native American gardening or medicine we may use a paid reinactor but this is usually just mileage and a small stipend. There are enough quality volunteers out there that paying a reinactor isn't usually necessary. As far as costumes go we have some at the museum that can be borrowed but as a person develops their own persona they usually want to furnish their own wardrobe. my metis outfit is totally hand sewn and part of my persona as a native woman. If you have any questions feel free to contact me off list. Annmarie ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: