Museum Computer Network Meeting Nov 5 - 8

Museum Computer Network November 5 - 8
It is my pleasure to invite you to attend the 31st annual meeting of the Museum Computer Network. MCN2003: "Balancing Museum Technology and Transformation" takes place in Las Vegas, Nevada from November 5 through the 8th.

Workshops, Sessions and More
Register online at www.mcn.edu to participate in four days of workshops, sessions and free-form discussions delving into every aspect of cultural heritage information management. Whether you're trying to develop an Intellectual Property policy for your institution, learn about the latest imaging technology from industry leaders, or explore the possibilities of building integrated library/museum/archival systems, this is the place to be. The MCN meeting is where museum technologists go to get the information they need and build the bridges they want to other professionals in the cultural heritage arena. Learn about the new technologies available and then see them in our tightly-focused Exhibition Hall.

Balancing Museum Technology and Transformation
As a challenging economic year for all, especially those of us in the museum and cultural heritage sector draws to a close, we want you to join us in looking ahead to a brighter future. In keeping with our theme we've asked our contributors to look at how the technology we're busy implementing is changing the way we work, how our institutions are being transformed by those technologies and how that transformation can be managed. We're offering a program that is both diverse and comprehensive.

Go Off the Wall and Online, too
We know travel budgets are tight so we've teamed up with the Northeast Document Conservation Center (NEDCC) to offer something special: MCN 2003 is immediately preceded by the NEDCC's "Off the Wall and Online" workshop. If you're planning to attend the NEDCC workshop, you can get MCN member rates for the MCN meeting.

Register Online
You can learn all about the program and more on the MCN website, including information on sessions, presenters, workshops, travel and lodging.

And for the first time, you can register for the MCN meeting online using our secure form.
Don't delay - Early registration ends September 15th -- browse over to www.mcn.edu and register today!
Chuck Patch
President, Museum Computer Network
www.mcn.edu