One word/product: MarvelSeal, heat sealed on with an iron/tacking iron. Then use the Ethafoam/Volara to pad out the bins' innards and to separate the frames from each other to protect those frames from being dinged and knicked up.
Regards,
Margaret (Meg) Geiss-Mooney
Textile/Costume Conservator
Professional Associate, AIC
We are trying to build some in-house storage bins for our framed poster collection. Our budget is meager like all small museums. What can we do to prevent the offgassing from the plywood that we are going to make the bins out of? We plan to get the best grade plywood, but not sure what kind of coating to get and how long it will take for the coating itself to stop offgassing. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. We need to move fast on this project and be creative with our storage options on a low budget.