At the Nathan Hale Homestead in CT, we had a similar situation. The kitchen in the home was in really bad shape, so it was redone "authentically." There was also a small barn that wasn't originally on the property, but was of the time. So all living history activities took place in the barn, kitchen, and even on the lawn. All artifacts were stored in the rest of the house and only reproductions were kept in the barn and kitchen. This kept everything very easy -- there was never any confusion as to what was a useable reproduction and what was an artifact. Plus we could differentiate this to the guests as well.

Hope this is helpful.

Sheryl Woodruff

Protect your PC - Click here for McAfee.com VirusScan Online ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: