From: Heather Price [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 8:36 AM
To: Christopher Lynn
Subject: RE: insurance for overnight programs

Christopher,

The Boy Scouts pay insurance per year -- the cost per person ranges from
.70 to a little over $2.00 depending on the age of the child (teens are
able to do more dangerous things so their premium is higher). The
insurance is not required when the child registers with Boy Scouts, but
is highly recommended. Most units carry it.

You might want to simply require proof of insurance when they register,
then I would guess you would be covered. They will be used to it --
proof of insurance is often required for Camporees, etc.

Heather Price
Ella Sharp Museum
and Boy Scout leader