From: State Museum Association discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Anne W Ackerson, MANY
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 12:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: .museum addresses

Hi, Cherie -

We're not planning to register a .museum address.  As far as I can tell, this isn't an issue that's being discussed much in the NYS museum community.  Off the top of my head, I don't know of an institution that's registered as a .museum (at least that's not the primary address that they're using).  If I were you, I think I'd hold off and put the money to some other (better) use.

Anne Ackerson, Director
Museum Association of New York
www.manyonline.org