From: Ware Petznick
Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2003 7:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Graduate degree Vs Experience

Hello all

Perhaps you should consider my story? I have considerable museum experience... and a PhD... and yet, since submitting my thesis in 1999 and applying to too many museums to count, I have yet to secure a permanent position! I don't know what to think about my failure to get a museum job. Rarely has my application reached the interview stage... and when it has, I have been told frequently that I am overqualified. Meanwhile, I am struggling with temp work.

So, I do believe that education is certainly worth pursuing, but whether or not it is financially viable for you, is a question that you will have to consider for yourself. Either way, I wish you all the luck in the world!

Sincerely,
Ware Petznick

www.geocities.com/staforlife/museumresume.html