The curators in charge of the popular culture collection at the National Museum of American History are Dwight Bowers and Ellen Roney Hughes. I do not have their e-mail addresses but a call to the main Smithsonian number should elicit their phone numbers. Good luck!

Lonn Taylor
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 3:05 PM
Subject: contact for the Smithsonian's American History Museum

Does anyone out there have a good contact for (or happen to work at) the National Museum of American History?

I am looking for a good home for some rather interesting Howdy Doody artifacts that we just found in rather bad storage facilities. Luckily, most of the materials are still in great shape. There is still a possibility that we might keep them, but I do not think we can properly store and/or display them, and would like to get ahead of the game with management by finding some possible good homes.

Thanks,
Sheryl Woodruff

Curatorial Assistant
The Museum of Television & Radio