  From: Shelley Howe
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 12:29 PM
  Subject: Museums in NY

  I am invited to a family reunion at the Pocono Manor, PA for the July 4th weekend and plan to take a day trip on the 3rd into New York City. I have never been before and would like to see as much as I can in one day. Any suggestions? Museum related sightseeing preferred but would enjoy touristy things as well. I know I definitely want to see the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Guggenheim. Are there any other interesting smaller art galleries and/or historical museums nearby? Suggestions on good places to eat, night life and fun hangouts?

  Thanks!

  Shelley Howe
  Collections Curator
  Buffalo Bill Museum & Grave