From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf
Of Shelley Howe
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 12:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Museums in NY

I am invited to a family reunion at the Pocono Manor, PA for the July 4th
weekend and plan to take a day trip on the 3rd into New York City. I have
never been before and would like to see as much as I can in one day. Any
suggestions? Museum related sightseeing preferred but would enjoy touristy
things as well. I know I definitely want to see the Metropolitan Museum of
Art and the Guggenheim. Are there any other interesting smaller art
galleries and/or historical museums nearby? Suggestions on good places to
eat, night life and fun hangouts?

Thanks!

Shelley Howe
Collections Curator