I am in the process of deciding between attending the University of Toronto and George Washington University for a Masters in Museum Studies beginning in the fall of 2003.

I have done a lot of research on the schools and programs, and have lived in Washington, DC for three years, but am from a town a few hours north of Toronto.  I have weighed the personal and financial options heavily, and spoken with and visited both programs.

I am hoping to get some opinions as to the academic and potential career differences between the programs, and information about their individual strengths and/or weaknesses.  I am open to living in either city, and am really trying to decide which will provide the best options during my 2 years of studies as well as post-graduation in the museum field.  I am also interested in how the course work may vary, and any other pertinent aspects that I may not have considered.

If anyone has experience with either program, or has any insight into what would make one degree more worthwhile, I would appreciate any and all advice.

Sincerely,

Meagan Smith

Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: