From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Liz Baird
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 9:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: museums with videoconferencing capabilities?

Greetings,

I am new to the list, so please forgive me if this has been covered extensively in previous postings, but does anyone know how many museums (US? Worldwide?) have two way interactive videoconferencing capabilities? the ASTC report says that 23% of museums worldwide (and 21% in the US) offer "virtual visits" but those could be web based tours, CDROMs, or other technologies.

Thank you so much for any help you can provide.
Liz Baird
Coordinator of Student Outreach and Distance Learning
North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences