We have a small archives room in our museum that is on its own HVAC system.
We have humidification for when the heat goes on in the winter, but we have
no dehumidification beyond what's provided by the AC. We try to keep the
temp in there around 65 degrees F; unfortunately an extremely damp late
winter and spring have caused the humidity in there to go up into the high
60s and lower 70s. Not good. The room is only about 270 square feet with 9'
ceilings. I'd like to buy a small dehumidifier with a fairly accurate
humidistat control that is capable of operating in coolish conditions
without freezing up. Any recommendations?
Many thanks in advance,
Anne

Anne T. Lane, Collections Manager
Charlotte Museum of History & Hezekiah Alexander Homesite
3500 Shamrock Drive
Charlotte NC 28215-3214
704-568-1774, ext 110
Fax: (704) 566-1817
www.charlottemuseum.org

Featured May and June events:

Fact and Folklore: Blackbeard!, Saturday, May 3, 11:00 am - Noon Special
Children's Presentation
Fact and Folklore: Blackbeard!,  Saturday, May 3, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
General Public
Independence Day in Olde Mecklenburg, Saturday, May 17, Noon- 3:00 p.m.
Civil War in the Carolinas, Tuesday, May 20, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Visiting the Variety Vacationland: North Carolina's Highways and Byways,
Saturday, June 7, 11:00 am - 4:00 p.m.
Highways and Byways of Our State, on exhibit until June 7, 2003
The Faces of Our State, on exhibit June 21, 2004 until June 2004
Soldiers' Stories: War in the First Person, on exhibit until September 2004
Expressions from the Palette, on exhibit through June 8, 2003

For information on these, and all other events and exhibits, please call
(704) 568-1774 or visit us on the web at www.charlottemuseum.org .