Sorry but your translation tools don't seem to be accurate at all - My German is not perfect but I read, understand and speak it (in Belgium we have three national languages, Dutch, French and German). I cannot find any trace of these accusations in the article. I did read the article twice, I printed it and read it again - and your translation just sounds foolish if one compares it with the original.

The article is indeed a very good history of archaeology in Irak since the first diggings by the Frenchman Paul-Emile Botta in the first half of the 19th century (who discovered the remains of Niniveh in 1842) and it is also telling of the devastating effects of the Kuwait War and its aftermaths. "In einem Jahrzehnt haben die Sanktionen mehr Schaden angerichted als die Jahrtausende davor" - I don't know how this has been translated by your tool, but to me it sounds "In some ten years time the sanctions have caused more damage than the one thousand years before"... It tells the story of all the efforts done by Iraqi museum people, curators and archaeologist to protect and save their heritage and is very very critical to the forces of the coalition.

Please don't send around this kind of comments unless you are absolutely certain - this means unless you are capable yourself of reading and understanding the original.
Traduttori Traditori - as the Italians say. Translation tools are even worse.

Greetings

Adriaan Linters
an 'Old European' living in Belgium...

http://www.heritageconsultants.be