I have been monitoring our temporary exhibit gallery for about a year and the humidity levels are somewhat low at 10 - 15%. We are in a very dry climate in Colorado with a drought going on and working with a limited budget, I was wondering what my options were for raising the levels.

Is there some sort of devise that I can put in each case to get the humidity at the desired level for leather, clothing, and metal? The temporary exhibit area is a somewhat enclosed room with open doorways at either end in the center of our main exhibit gallery. There are vents at the ceiling that allows air to flow through into the temporary exhibit area. Should I close these off to create a micro-environment?

 We are trying to get loans for a cowboy boot exhibit and this has become a problem that I need to address if we are to display the boots.

Thanks in advance for your help.