For an AAM presentation next month, I'd like to identify museums and museum associations that have developed or offer Web-based training (a.k.a. e-learning) for staff and volunteers.  Training could be on any skills needed in a museum, both technical (basic conservation techniques) and soft skills (customer service, leadership).

If your museum or association offers this kind of training, or if you know of a place that does, would you please send me some information about it?  For example, what kinds of skills are taught, who developed the training, who uses it, how is it accessed (via the Web or on internal networks), and how effective is it?

Thanks in advance.

Barbara Smith

Barbara G. Smith
Technology Officer