I am writing my Master's thesis on some of the collectors of a large
ethnographical museum in the Netherlands. Has anybody got suggestions
regarding literature not to miss about colonial collecting processes?

>Daan van Dartel

=========

March 12, 2003

The numismatic (coins, tokens, medals and paper money studying and
collecting) books of Q. David Bowers often have touched on collecting
habits of the 19th century and sometimes before.  Also, there have
been books about book and document collecting in the 18th century and
earlier.  But not being a book collector I can't give you a name.

-Jim
--
Jim Lyons
http://www.jimlyons.com