Being an "old European" I don't think this is a political statement - but a
very rightful and legitimate concern about the effects of war on heritage.
Today I also received a message of concern of the International Blue
Shield, sent by the ICOM secretariat.
As far as I know the US did not ratify the Unesco Convention on Protection
of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict (1954). This worries me
very much.

Adriaan LInters

At 08:22 11/03/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Is this list a proper forum for political statements?

>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
>message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should
>read "help" (without the quotes).

>[log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read
>"Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).

Adriaan Linters

===================================
=     Vredelaan 72             =
=     B-8500   Kortrijk        =