Dear all,

I have a similar request. I am  writing a term paper on  learning styles in museums and I would really appreciate some info on how museums in the US are applying them.

Cheers

Emma B

"David T. Schaller" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I'd like to hear how museum professionals are currently setting learning
objectives for informal learning experiences. I've seen (and written) a
motley variety of objectives--some owe a lot to classroom lesson plans and
are awfully specific and ambitious for informal settings ("Visitor will
demonstrate knowledge/competence/expertise in X") and others more of the
"lite" variety ("Visitor will appreciate the importance of subject X in
situation Y").

In light of recent research on free-choice learning outcomes, I'm trying to
figure out how to craft learning goals that have some semblance to what
people are actually likely to learn from an informal experience. Any
thoughts on this matter, or even better, examples, would be very welcome!

Cheers,
Dave
David T. Schaller [log in to unmask]
Principal http://www.eduweb.com